Leave the red carpet to Hollywood. Successful practice managers are rolling out the pink carpet instead.
Aesthetic medicine is a competitive industry and becoming even fiercer every year. American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) released data in February 2016 showing continued growth in cosmetic procedures over the last year as well as a shift in the types of procedures patients are choosing. In 2015, 15.9 million surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures were performed in the United States, a 2 percent increase over 2014. Since 2000, overall procedures have risen 115 percent.
Not only has consumer demand increased since the start of the new millennium, patients seeking aesthetic medicine are enjoying a marketplace of ever-expanding choices. The types of procedures and services available as well as broader accessibility of plastic surgery practices and medical spas are giving consumers more options.
With so many options available, how can you increase the likelihood that your target market demographic of clients and patients select you? Simply by adding the right kind of educational events to your marketing mix could help you boost conversion rates to 85 percent and beyond.
Marketing cosmetic surgery effectively takes a well-honed strategy developed with the needs and interests of your target market in mind – and this includes incorporating some wow factors to help people picture the possibilities. One of the easiest and most satisfying ways to help patients understand the value of aesthetic medicine is to invite them to visualize potential treatment results.
Study after study confirms that cosmetic surgery professionals who employ visualization technology are meeting consumer demand – and those who are incorporating this “try-before-you-buy” approach as part of indulgent events are enjoying enviable results.
The ASPS-endorsed New Look Now Aesthetic Visualizer Platform is one such tool helping practice managers boost the return on investment of event marketing. The New Look Now platform is the first and only technology that can simulate all cosmetic surgical and nonsurgical treatments with photorealism. The technology requires no upfront hardware and is as simple as taking a photo.
Choose Pink to See More Green
In 2015 alone, Merz North America deployed New Look Now’s Aesthetic Visualizer Platform during more than 500 events to introduce the benefits of Ultherapy, the only FDA-cleared procedure to noninvasively lift the eyebrow, neck and under chin as well as improve décolletage lines and wrinkles.
The results of this marketing tactic are as clear as the photorealism quality of the Aesthetic Visualizer Platform. Merz reports that the before-and-after visualizer generated more leads during a 12-month period than all other marketing campaigns combined, calling it “most powerful call-to-action in our space.” In fact, 80-90 percent of consumers who attended one of Merz’ events and used the New Look Now visualizer ultimately booked an Ultherapy treatment.
Merz is at the forefront of a shift in aesthetic medicine marketing – putting the “care” back into aesthetic surgery health care and getting personal with consumers – and New Look Now’s signature Pink Carpet Runway events are at the epicenter.
Event Marketing Is in the Pink Again
New Look Now designed the Pink Carpet Runway for its clients to use as a turnkey event marketing system. The formula relies on a healthy balance between patient education and consumer indulgence.
Last year, New Look Now launched collaborative efforts with independent aesthetic medicine practices to incorporate visualizer events.
“New Look Now is a wonderful educational tool to help discuss what is and is not possible with my patients,” explained Dr. Sanjay Grover, a board-certified plastic surgeon of the face, nose, breast and body based in coastal Orange County, California.
A dermatologist in Newport Beach, California, generated $18,000 in treatment revenue by hosting just one, two-hour Pink Carpet Runway with 14 guests. Another dermatologist in Orange, California, put on a four-hour event for 65 potential new patients. They booked $65,000 worth of treatments during their first Pink Carpet experience, and the dermatologist also gained a new stream of recurring revenue from repeat treatments. Plus, a Seattle-based plastic surgeon added $40,000 in services revenue from treatments booked during a two-hour, intimate Pink Carpet Runway with 22 local patients.
Roll Out the Pink Carpet at Your Next Event
Although the signature Pink Carpet Runway is reserved for New Look Now clients only – or professionals who license it for an event – every practice manager can learn how to create fun educational experiences that demystifies cosmetic surgery and boosts client conversation rates by borrowing system secrets.
- Invite a mix of current patients as well as targeted consumers fitting your ideal client profile within your market – Satisfied patients can serve as brand ambassadors and provide powerful testimonials.
- Stage an event reflective of your brand and local profile – Although wine-and-cheese soirées are classic opportunities to meet people and discuss their aesthetic concerns in a relaxed setting, don’t feel limited to this kind of event. Some practice managers hold party-style fashion shows while others benefit from light brunches held outside the practice and others rev up open houses. Be creative.
- Make attendees the star – Events are ideal ways to show off your practice technology and staff expertise, but every element should be designed to pamper attendees, make them feel special and create a trusting relationship.
- Offer a complimentary before-and-after simulation – When guests register to attend, invite them to submit their photos along with a list of their aesthetic concerns, such as sun spots, wrinkles, belly fat or sagging skin.
- Use the Aesthetic Visualizer Platform to give them a sneak peek of potential results – During the event, you can review the simulated before-and-after photo with attendees one-on-one. They can see potential results without having to imagine the outcome based on your verbal descriptions.
- Set up a private area to take photos – Some attendees may not take you up on your offer before the event, but almost all will be intrigued enough to see how they could appear following treatments for face, breast, body, skin hair or weight loss. Give these consumers the option by offering to take their photos during the event and uploading their images to the Aesthetic Visualizer Platform.
Before-and-after simulations will not only educate patients about different treatment options but also will motivate them to take action. By following this formula, you’ll be able to revive practice events to boost revenue, attract more patients and increase conversion rates.
Devon Niccole, CEO and vice president of sales and marketing at New Look Now LLC, has 12 years of practice management and marketing experience working intimately with plastic surgeons, dermatologists, cosmetic dentists, medspas and weight loss clinics. Niccole’s experience in patient acquisition, patient retention and practice management have earned him a formidable reputation within the industry and has helped garner a magnitude of powerful industry relationships. Learn more at newlooknow.com.